Top Storage Tips for Amarillo, TX
The small city of Amarillo is one of the most exciting places to live in Texas—that’s why we operate seven All Storage facilities there. Whether you’re centrally located, on the outskirts, or living in a nearby community such as McLean, Claude, Canyon, Panhandle, or Clarendon, we offer affordable self storage that’s convenient for your needs.
Amarillo residents are an eclectic bunch of people. We’re cowboys, entrepreneurs, artists, engineers, adventurers, and families. Whatever category you fall into, if your lifestyle comes with lots of clutter, renting a storage unit can offer you a place to keep it. Self storage in Amarillo is cheap, plus it comes in all sorts of sizes with flexible lease terms that allow you to rent on a month-to-month basis. Before you rent online check out our top tips for using self storage in Amarillo:
Choosing the Right Storage Facility in Amarillo
Okay, so we already mentioned that All Storage operates seven storage facilities in Amarillo. Now how do you know which one is best for you? By reading this handy—and short—overview below:
- All Storage Blackburn: Located at 2927 Blackburn Street, this storage facility features drive-up access, moving supplies, gated entry, and units as small as 5x3 and as big as 25x12.
- All Storage Britain: Located at 2518 Britain Drive, this storage facility offers climate controlled storage units, drive-up access, moving supplies, plus small, medium, large, and mega-sized 40x12 storage units.
- All Storage I-40 Bell: Located at 6015 Plains Boulevard, this storage facility is close to I-40 and offers access seven days a week, 30 storage unit sizes, package receiving, plus RV, boat, and vehicle storage.
- All Storage I-40 East: Another storage facility that’s conveniently located off of I-40, All Storage I-40 East at 7841 Interstate 40 Access Road is known for climate controlled units, drive-up access, and a stellar location near Rick Husband Amarillo Airport.
- All Storage-Hardy: Located at 2000 Hardy Street, this Amarillo self storage facility offers personal, business, and vehicle storage plus amenities such as climate control, moving supplies, and drive-up access.
- All Storage Western: All Storage Western at 6201 South Western Street is a great choice for vehicle storage in Amarillo. The facility also offers interior and drive-up units in an impressive array of sizes.
- All Storage Southside: Come over to the southside and find the perfect storage unit at 6619 South Western. This All Storage facility offers small, medium, and large storage units, plus EZ Drive Thru storage, carts and dollies, elevators, commercial storage, and moving supplies.
Storage for Amarillo’s Unique Climate
Unlike many parts of Texas which are known for humidity, Amarillo has more of a classic desert climate, which means dry heat and drastic shifts from daytime to nighttime temperature. The area can also be affected by storms including flash floods and tornadoes. When renting a storage unit in Amarillo, choose one with climate control if storing items that are sensitive to shifts in temperature. You should also sign up for self storage insurance and take the time to read your policy to see which weather events you’re covered for.
Storage for College Students in Amarillo
If you’re attending college at West Texas A&M University in nearby Canyon, renting a storage unit in Amarillo is a great way to keep your belongings safe during summer break. It’s also a good way to free up space in your small dorm or shared apartment. Ask All Storage about current specials, lease options, and which storage unit size is best for your needs.
Storage for Texans Who Like to Ski in Colorado and New Mexico
For adventure lovers, living in Amarillo means that it’s actually possible to go skiing even if you’re a Texan—you just have to drive to nearby New Mexico or Colorado. Trekking to the slopes in these neighboring states is such a Lone Star tradition that some ski resorts even have designated Texas weeks. If you’re up for the 453-mile drive to Wolf Creek, the 335-mile drive to Taos, or the 257-mile drive to Angelfire, keep your ski gear in top shape by renting a storage unit in Amarillo so that it’s safe and snow-ready when you need it.